Job Opportunity; Assistant Consultant
We are seeking an assistant Consultant for the assessment, design and delivery of river related
works including erosion control and river restoration. This is a full time, permanent post. The
Company operates nationally and therefore requires occasional overnight stays away from
home to service contracts.
This is an ideal opportunity for the professional development of river restoration, aquatic
engineering, environmental and project management skills as part of a committed and
Cain Bio-Engineering Ltd is based in the rural Avon valley near Fordingbridge. We provide
specialist design and construction services working with a wide range of public sector and
private clients. We are an experienced Environment Agency Framework Contractor with new
contracts to undertake catchment-scale and nationally important river restoration schemes.
The successful applicant will play a key role in the company’s development plan. On-going
training will be given.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To supply general technical assistance to both the Consultancy and Operations teams as directed.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports directly to Senior Consultant. Due to the varied nature of the role and tasks involved,
close liaison with other members of the teams is essential.
SCOPE OF JOB.
– Assist with production of documents including drawings, reports, proposals and
– Plan and undertake site investigations in and alongside waterways.
– Assisting with programme management.
– General assistance for the operations team including; obtaining quotes from
suppliers and subcontractors, production of utility packs, producing bills of
quantities from drawings, preparation of construction cost estimates, project and
IT & Technical Drawing
– Production of high quality technical drawings.
– General administration support – to include managing enquiries and electronic
– Assist Senior Consultant/MD with Management tasks as required.
– Ensuring that work meets all relevant legislative standards including Health &
Safety and environmental requirements.
– Other general duties as required.
– An environmental, engineering or science based qualification or,
– Equivalent commercial or practical experience in the field.
– Have an understanding of small business functions, ecology, river engineering, river
management, or river restoration,
– Be able to use Corel Draw and GIS packages and /or demonstrate an ability to
quickly and competently learn to use new software packages.
– Confident writer of technical reports,
– Working knowledge of MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint,
– Must be physically fit and able to swim, work can involve walking for prolonged
periods along river banks and in rivers.
– Full clean driving licence.
– CSCS card holder
– Must have good interpersonal skills and be both a good team player, and have the
ability to work unsupervised.
– creative / innovative.
Salary: depending on experience.
Benefits: Pension & Health Scheme, upon completion of probationary period.
Please email a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com, or by
post to Cain Bio-Engineering Ltd, The Old Dairy, Woodgreen Road, Breamore,
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, SP6 2AB
APPOINTMENT TO POST: Immediate.
CLOSING DATE: 17th July 2015