We are seeking an assistant consultant for the assessment, design and delivery of river related works including erosion control and aquatic habitat enhancement. This is a full time, permanent post. The Company operates nationally and therefore requires occasional overnight stays away from home to service contracts.
This is an ideal opportunity for the professional development of river restoration, aquatic engineering, environmental and project management skills within a committed and experienced team.
Cain Bio-Engineering Ltd is based in the rural Avon valley near Fordingbridge and employs a team of consultants and skilled river technicians. The company operates throughout the UK providing specialist design and construction services for schemes ranging from river restoration and habitat enhancement to erosion control and river engineering works both in tidal and fresh water environments. We are an experienced Environment Agency Framework Contractor with new contracts to undertake a number of catchment-scale and nationally important river restoration schemes.
The successful applicant will play a key role in the company’s development plan. On-going training will be given.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To supply general technical assistance to both the Consultancy and Operations teams as directed.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports directly to Senior Consultant. Due to the varied nature of the role and tasks involved, close liaison with other members of the teams is essential.
SCOPE OF JOB.
- Assist with production of documents including drawings, reports, proposals and cost estimates.
- Plan and undertake site investigations in and alongside waterways.
- Assisting with programme management.
- General assistance for the operations team including; obtaining quotes from suppliers and subcontractors, production of utility packs, producing bills of quantities from drawings, preparation of construction cost estimates, project and installation supervision.
IT & Technical Drawing
- Production of high quality technical drawings.
- General administration support – to include managing enquiries and electronic filing systems.
- Assist Senior Consultant/MD with Management tasks as required.
- Ensuring that work meets all relevant legislative standards including Health & Safety and environmental requirements.
- Other general duties as required.
- An environmental, engineering or science based qualification.
- Member of appropriate institute, chartered or working towards CEnv /CEng registration
- Have an understanding of small business functions, ecology, river engineering, river management, or river restoration
- Be able to use Corel Draw and GIS packages and /or demonstrate an ability to quickly and competently learn to use new software packages.
- Confident writer of technical reports
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be physically fit and able to swim, work can involve walking for prolonged periods along river banks and in rivers.
- Full clean driving licence
- CSCS card holder
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be both a good team player, and have the ability to work unsupervised
- Creative / innovative.
Salary: depending on experience.
Benefits: Pension & Health Scheme, upon completion of probationary period.
Please email a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com, or by post to Cain Bio-Engineering Ltd, The Old Dairy, Woodgreen Road, Breamore, Hampshire, SP6 2AB
APPOINTMENT TO POST: Immediate.
CLOSING DATE: 24th February 2014