Cain Bio-Engineering is an established specialist in the delivery of river restoration and environmentally friendly erosion control projects working with a wide range of private and public sector clients including the Environment Agency, regional councils and NGO’s.
Based in the picturesque rural Avon valley on the edge of the New Forest National Park we are seeking River Technicians to assist with our busy programme of aquatic habitat restoration projects in rivers, tidal channels, estuaries, canals and lakes. The work is varied, ranging from in-river habitat creation to improving chalk stream trout fisheries, weir bypass channels, Dam repairs and erosion control in inter-tidal channels. Ongoing training will be provided for professional development in a supervised and safe working environment.
This is a full-time permanent post. The Company operates nationally, with a higher proportion of projects in Southern and Eastern England. When working on large-scale projects, you may be required to stay away 4 nights a week with benefits.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports directly to Team Leader / Site Manager.
SCOPE OF JOB
Involves outdoor working throughout the year including:
- Working in waders / life jackets;
- Bank protection installations using hydraulic post drivers;
- Tree surgery, chain saws & power tools.
- Operation of heavy plant and machinery
- Undertaking construction site roles.
- Working around protected species and within sensitive wildlife sites.
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- CSCS Card beneficial
- Physically fit and energetic
- Experience of physical work
- Interest and experience in environmental or fishery work
- Swimming ability essential
- Full driving licence essential
- Good positive attitude
- Ability to work either in a team or unsupervised; self-motivated
- Good interpersonal skills
Preference will be given to applicants with any of the following:
- CITB, SMSTS or SSSTS
- CPCS or CSCS/NPORS for tracked 360 excavator and wheeled / tracked dumpers
- Chainsaw NPTC CS30/31
- First Aid
Starting Salary: £16,000pa – £20,000pa dependent upon skills and experience.
Benefits: Pension & Health Scheme, upon completion of probationary period.
Please email a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com, or by post to Cain Bio-Engineering Ltd, The Old Dairy, Woodgreen Road, Breamore, Fordingbridge, Hampshire. SP6 2AB.
APPOINTMENT TO POST: Immediate.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 19th August 2016